Here’s your handy checklist for creating adverts for publication in the Sunderland Echo. Don’t worry, whatever you provide will be checked carefully for any omissions or errors – and they’ll be added in at no extra cost to you.
- Make sure you randomly capitalise words. ‘Restaurant’, ‘Bar Food’, ‘Quiz Night’, ‘Course’, ‘Disappointment’. Come on, find an approach and stick with it.
- Add in an apostrophe mistake. If at all possible make sure you confuse its and it’s.
- Make sure you mix up your and you’re.
- Don’t follow a style. Add and take away full stops at the end of your bullet points – who cares?
- Completely misspell a borrowing from another language. I’m not certain who Al La Carte is but I’m sure he’d prefer to be à la carte.
- Make sure your advert is timely and relevant. I think the 24th February is possibly a tad early for advertising Valentine’s Day bookings…
- Hyphenate for the hell of it.